Sunday, February 23, 2014

Soulard Pet Parade

Soulard celebrates the Mardi Gras season over the course of many weeks.  Today marked one of its bigger events: the Beggin' Pet Parade.
I took the suggestion of a friend to check it out for my blog (I don't have any pets so I've never been) and it is no doubt a dog-lover's dream.  Despite the colder temps, the streets were packed with animals...I've never seen so many dogs wearing beads.

Check out my blog next week for photos from the Bud Light Grand Parade which takes over the streets of Soulard on March 1st...by far the highlight of the Mardi Gras season in St. Louis



Sam Dotson, Chief of Police of the Metropolitan Police Department

I managed to get a few close-ups without getting my lens licked: 


Probably the craziest setup I saw today...two dogs "pedaling" a bicycle built for two:

A fellow photographer:



No comments:

Post a Comment